Collaborations are a very important factor in the Center’s ability to offer the best programming possible while keeping expenses down. In addition to its partnership Jackie Robinson Elementary School as the Center’s location, other partnerships have been proven to be resourceful as well:
- University of Chicago’s Neighborhood Schools Program and the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools provide additional tutors to the Center at no cost.
- Chicago School of Professional Psychology provides counselors, tutors, mentors and pro bono counseling services that have been very effective in helping students who have had traumatic experiences.
- The Chicago Wolves, Chicago’s professional American League Hockey Team, provides pro bono field trips, monetary support, and host a school supply drive for the Center annually.
- Rock for Reading donates books each year to expand the Center library and to send students home with free books.
- Chicago Wisdom Project adds a dynamic component to Center programming by empowering youth to create a more just, sustainable, and compassionate culture through a curriculum that focuses on creativity and self-discovery.